Many people want to know why I don't date. And probably never will. There are many, many reasons for this, so let me explain at least one of them. This is the story of the person I refer to as my Facebook stalker.
I met this guy a few years ago and hung out with him a couple of times. Now I believe that he was either already married or dating or something. At any rate, we had exchanged email addresses and phone numbers with the intention of being friends.
So we emailed occasionally with him giving unsolicited advice about my love life and other aspects. Including when I started up the tango. He did not approve. I think in his philosophies, dancing like that with strange men was not appropriate (imagine what he'd think if he knew there were occasions of women dancing with women).
We "friended" each other on Facebook and life went on. Occasionally I would put something really odd on my status. I'm sure many of you have read them and wondered what is wrong with me. The answer is that I'm bored or I'm trying to stir the pot.
He would proceed to email me a laundry list of what was wrong with what I said and how I could change my life if I just lived it precisely the way he thinks life should be lived. And so on and so forth.
I got so sick of him and I "defriended" him on Facebook. He tried to "friend" me again, I ignored him, he tried again, I blocked him.
Then he emailed me, I blocked him again.
This is the quality of man I tend to attract - creepy stalkers and unsolicited advice givers. This man is just one in a long, long line of men who treat me like I don't have a brain in my head or need a man to tell me what to do and how to do it. And this is why I don't date or plan on getting married. Because if this is the pathetic waste of space that I might end up with, I'd rather not bother.
Oh and this guy is one of the reasons why I'm so hard to find on Facebook. My privacy settings are set ridiculously high so he can't find me again.
No comments:
Post a Comment